California's clean-car makers are among the state's economic bright spots. And as The Bee's Rick Daysog reported last month, the California Air Resources Board has voted unanimously to tighten emissions standards by mandating that one in every seven cars sold in the state in the year 2025 be an ultra-low- or zero-emission vehicle.
Brown is expected to speak around 8 p.m. at the premiere, held at Tesla's Los Angeles Design Studio in Hawthorne.
The Model X is a luxury SUV crossover, according to an article posted Wednesday by Investor's Business Daily, which says Tesla has been teaming up with Toyota and Daimler, with Toyota using a Tesla power train in an electric RAV4, and Daimler putting Tesla-designed battery systems in some of its vehicles.
"As essentially a tech startup ... Tesla is a rarity in the car world. How well it does over the long haul is tied to interest from larger automakers, electric-car adoption and the price of oil," the article says.
- The 2017 solar eclipse should remind us of solar energy’s progress and near limitless potential
- Over last decade, American solar energy generation increased 43-fold
- 100 percent renewable energy: 100 percent possible, 100 percent happening.
- Environment California supports AB 398 (E. Garcia) and AB 617 (C. Garcia)
- Bringing the message of 100 percent renewable energy to the people