The California environmental movement today declared its unanimity in calling on Gov. Jerry Brown to halt fracking in the state. Environmental leaders sent a letter signed by more than 70 environmental and health organizations to the governor urging him to be a true climate leader and place a moratorium on dangerous and extreme oil extraction processes. The letter’s signatories include national organizations such as the Natural Resources Defense Council, the Sierra Club, Center on Race, Poverty & the Environment and 350.org, as well as statewide groups including the California Nurses Association and Californians Against Fracking, a coalition of about 200 organizations. To read the full letter, click here.
- Report card: Which colleges and universities aced their clean energy exams?
- House moves to phase out toxic PFAS chemicals on military bases
- 'If it's still wild, it should stay that way': Lawmakers seek to permanently protect America's largest national forest
- All the way: Our best conservation program would be fully funded under bipartisan bill
- Will your next car be electric? Bipartisan bill would make it easier.