The California environmental movement today declared its unanimity in calling on Gov. Jerry Brown to halt fracking in the state. Environmental leaders sent a letter signed by more than 70 environmental and health organizations to the governor urging him to be a true climate leader and place a moratorium on dangerous and extreme oil extraction processes. The letter’s signatories include national organizations such as the Natural Resources Defense Council, the Sierra Club, Center on Race, Poverty & the Environment and 350.org, as well as statewide groups including the California Nurses Association and Californians Against Fracking, a coalition of about 200 organizations. To read the full letter, click here.
- Toxic 'Accidents Waiting to Happen' threaten waterways
- Which colleges are leading the way to 100% renewable energy?
- Ocean wildlife gain reprieve as offshore drilling plan delayed indefinitely
- From Maine to Oregon, citizens urge state legislators to choose wildlife over waste
- At EPA hearing, Andrea McGimsey stands up for crucial mercury protections