3 years ago Environment California and MANY others worked with Assemblymember Mike Feuer (Los Angeles) to pass a Green Chemistry bill. The idea was to give the state the authority to ban, phase out, label, regulate, approve chemicals in the state (i know you would think they already had this authority). While the bill was signed into law, it does not have the authroity or the funding it needs to work.
Check out this GREAT story in the Chicago Tribune about how the chemical companies and our exposure to dangerous chemicals.
- Mayors for solar showcases how cities plan to reach renewable goals
- Congress passes long overdue measures to protect our drinking water from lead, sewage
- At a packed public hearing, Americans stand up for the world's largest temperate rainforest
- To save the Land and Water Conservation Fund, Zinke urged to 'get with the program'
- Wrong way for the climate: 350,000 oppose rollback of Clean Cars Standards