3 years ago Environment California and MANY others worked with Assemblymember Mike Feuer (Los Angeles) to pass a Green Chemistry bill. The idea was to give the state the authority to ban, phase out, label, regulate, approve chemicals in the state (i know you would think they already had this authority). While the bill was signed into law, it does not have the authroity or the funding it needs to work.
Check out this GREAT story in the Chicago Tribune about how the chemical companies and our exposure to dangerous chemicals.
- Twelve ways Gov. Newsom can start tackling climate change right now
- New bill would protect oceans from offshore drilling expansion
- Bipartisan bill seeks to tackle toxic threat to our drinking water
- How our cities can play a pivotal role in saving the bees
- 'Misguided and reckless' rollback heightens mercury pollution risks