3 years ago Environment California and MANY others worked with Assemblymember Mike Feuer (Los Angeles) to pass a Green Chemistry bill. The idea was to give the state the authority to ban, phase out, label, regulate, approve chemicals in the state (i know you would think they already had this authority). While the bill was signed into law, it does not have the authroity or the funding it needs to work.
Check out this GREAT story in the Chicago Tribune about how the chemical companies and our exposure to dangerous chemicals.
- At EPA hearing, Andrea McGimsey stands up for crucial mercury protections
- Not so bright: Lighting efficiency rollback would lead to more air pollution
- New toolkit shows cities how to lead on solar energy
- Victory: Another state commits to 100 percent carbon-free energy
- The grades are in: Report finds states are failing to ensure safe drinking water for our children